The images above are the winning images from our 'Best of the Season Competition' which was held via 'Zoom' on the 6th April 2021
1st :Gold Hill – Mike Middleton, 2nd : A Shedload of Stuff – Judith Flacke, 3rd : Mussel Shells & Two Blues – Judith Flacke.
Highly Commended : All The Fun Of The Fair – Tim Sanders . Judge :Peter Hyett
Programme for 2021 – 2022 Season
Meetings start at 7:30pm .
- 21st Sept : Members Night -Incl. Discussing images
- 28th Sept : Talk – “On Being a Judge” by Kay Wilson
- 5th Oct : Members Night – Incl. Composition mini workshop – led by Mac
- 12th Oct : PDI Competition – OPEN – Judge: Pedro Landers
- 19th Oct : Members Night – Incl. “Enjoying the Journey” mini workshop – led by Melanie
- 26th Oct : Talk – “Soft Water Photography” by Sue Shreeves LRPS
- 2nd Nov : Members Night– Incl. Discussing images
- 9th Nov : PDI Monochrome Competition – Shadows/Silhouettes – Judge : TBA
- 16th Nov : Members Night – Incl. Favourite Photographers
- 23rd Nov : Talk -“Infrared Photography” by Peter Bayliss
- 30th Nov : Members Night – Incl. Mini Workshop :- Mobile and Snapspeed – led by Christopher
- ****The Program beyond 30th Nov is liable to change once ‘Members Nights’ have been sheduled.****
- 7th Dec : Print Competition – Waterline – Judge: Kay Wilson
- 14th Dec : Discussing Images
- 4th Jan 22 : PDI Competition – People – Judge: Ann Owens CPAGB, EFIAP
- 11th Jan 22 : Workshop -Beyond DPIs & Prints – Rachel Brown
- 18th Jan 22 : Discussing Images
- 25th Jan 22 : Talk – “Coronavirus Incarceration” + “Everglades ” by Di Wilkins ARPS
- 1st Feb 22 : Print Competition – Glass – Judge: Peter Fry ARPS DPAGB BPE3*
- 8th Feb 22 : Workshop – Still life light painting – Judith Flacke
- 15th Feb 22 : Talk – “Street Photography” by Ian Smith CPAGB
- 22th Feb 22 : The Special Interest Groups Present
- 1st Mar 22 : PDI Competition – Four Seasons Panel – Judge: Jane Kearney DPAGB
- 8th Mar 22 : Discussing Images
- 15th Mar 22 : Bideford vs Okehampton, Friendly Competition
- 22nd Mar 22 : Talk – “Subject to be Advised” by Peter Fry ARPS DPAGB BPE3*
- 30th Mar 22 : Workshop – Infra-red photography – Mike Brown
- 5th Apr 22 : Print Competition – Master of Photography – Judge Peter Hyett ARPS
- 12th Apr 22 : 3Bs Competition
- 19th Apr 22 : Annual General Meeting
Competition Submission Dates
- 28th Sept 21 : ‘Open’ (PDI)
- 26th Oct 21 : ‘Shadows/Silhouettes’ (PDI, Monochrome)
- 23rd Nov 21 : ‘Waterline’ (Print)
- 14th Dec 21 : ‘People’ (PDI)
- 18th Jan 22 : ‘Glass’ (Print)
- 15th Feb 22 : ‘Four Seasons Panel’ (PDI)
- 22nd Mar 22 : ‘Masters of Photography’ (Print)
- 12th Oct 21 : ‘Open’ (PDI)
Any subject in colour or monochrome (incl. B&W).
- 9th Nov 21 : ‘Shadows & Silhouettes’ (PDI)
Monochrome images where shadows and or silhouettes
are the main subject.
- 30th Nov 21 : ‘ Waterline’ (Print)
Any image that illustrates the margin between land and
water on the coast or inland waterways.
- Jan 4th 22 : ‘ People’ (PDI)
Images that include two or more people as the main
- Feb 1st 22 : ‘Glass’ (Print)
Images that depict any glass object or contain glass
elements as a significant factor of the composition.
- Mar 1st 22 : ‘ Four Seasons’ (PDI)
Four individual images that each depict one of the four
seasons plus one image that shows all four images
displayed as a panel.
- Apr 5th 22 : ‘ Master of Photography’ (Print)
Members can enter an image for each up to six of the
Portrait – Studio, street or environmental portrait of a
Land/seascape – Rural, urban, or aquatic image of an
Creative – In camera or post processing techniques used
to create or change a photo(s) into a creative art image.
Close up/macro – A shot that tightly frames an object,
displays detail, but doesn’t include the broader scene or
environment or, a shot in which the size of the subject in
the photograph is greater than life size.
Architecture – Any building, buildings or other man made
Action – Where movement is captured.
Lowlight – Outdoor after sunset or indoor where there is
no daylight entering and using only available light.
Nature – Flora, fauna or natural phenomena. May include farm animals though, not pets.
From smartphone to DSLR, if you are keen to improve the quality and range of your photography
come along and discover how that can be assisted by joining a friendly club
About the club…
It all started back in 1902 when the first Bideford Camera Club was formed in the North Devon town of Bideford and although we have come a long way the principles of photography remain exactly the same.
We love to meet anyone at any stage of your photography – whether it’s just learning to use a smartphone or getting to grips with a mirrorless or DSLR camera, we have a variety of members able to help you get more out of your images.
Some of our more advanced members regularly submit their images to external competitions and the club is fully affiliated to The Western Countries Photographic Federation and The Photographic Alliance of Great Britain.
What do we do...
Weekly indoor club evenings throughout the winter months (Replaced with weekly ‘Zoom’ meetings for the present).
Any level of experience supported.
Mentors available if required.
Basic camera tuition.
Regular internal competitions judged externally.
External competitions with the PAGB & WCPF.
New summer programme each year.
We are a small and friendly Photographic Club, still based in the North Devon town of Bideford, with a passion for all kinds of photography.
Where & when do we meet
Our location… (go to ‘Where to Find Us‘ for full details)
We are easy to find in the centre of Appledore with easy access and parking
at the Churchfields long stay car park on the sea front (free after 6:00pm).
Blue Lights Hall, Vernons Lane, Appledore, EX39 1QU
How much does it cost?
Come and join us for one of our Evening Meetings to find out what we do.
If you would like to join, membership is £58.00p per annum.
Why Not Join Now – Join before 31st October 2021 for a reduced subscription of £55.00p
This will give you access to our weekly meetings up to the 19th April 2022, plus our 2022 summer program of weekly local photo shoots and our other photo excursions.