The images above are the winning images from our 'Urban Landscape Competition' which was held via 'Zoom' on the 2nd February 2021
1st :Bicycles – Judith Flacke, 2nd :Gold Hill – Mike Middleton, 3rd : The Bird Feeder – Bob Jinks.
Highly Commended : Impressions of Exeter – Tim Sanders, & Caged – Rachel Brown . Judge : Pedro Landers
It has been decided that due to the present situation, meetings of the club will take place on-line, most probably for the complete 2020/2021 season. i.e. up to the AGM.
However, this will be kept under constant review and hopefully we will be in a position to meet ‘in the flesh’ in the not too distant future.
The 2020/21 programme has therefore had to be amended slightly to be compatible with the new method of delivery.
Competition Submission Dates
- 23rd Mar : ‘Best Image of the Season 2020-2021’ (PDI)
- 6th Apr : ‘Best Image of the Season 2020-2021’ (PDI) – All entries from competitions in our current season are eligible for entry into this competition (up to a maximum of 5). This means you have a second chance of submitting an image into a competition and you are allowed to tweak it. You MUST start from the same image file as before, but you can alter it according to any comment from the judge in the original competition, or from your own critique.
- Meetings start at 7:30pm (Zoom login no earlier than 7:15pm).
- 2nd Mar : PDI Competition -People at Play (B&W) – Judge : Ginny Campbell
- 9th Mar : Workshop – Movie Making with Your Camera + Show Your Own Photographic Problems / Fixes
- 16th Mar : Talk (Pre-recorded) – In conversation with Peter Hayes FRPS presented by David Noton FRPS
- 23rd Mar : Talk – Constructed Images and the Beaford Archive by Dave Green
- 30th Mar : Printing Pointers and Using Graphic Tablets
- 6th Apr : PDI Competition – Best Image of the Season 2020-2021 – Judge : Peter Hyett
- 13th Apr : 3B’s Competition
- 20th Apr : Annual General Meeting
From smartphone to DSLR, if you are keen to improve the quality and range of your photography
come along and discover how that can be assisted by joining a friendly club
About the club…
It all started back in 1902 when the first Bideford Camera Club was formed and although we have come a long way the principles of photography remain exactly the same.
We love to meet anyone at any stage of your photography – whether it’s just learning to use a smartphone or getting to grips with a mirrorless or DSLR camera, we have a variety of members able to help you get more out of your images.
Some of our more advanced members regularly submit their images to external competitions and the club is fully affiliated to The Western Countries Photographic Federation.
What do we do...
Weekly indoor club evenings throughout the winter months (Replaced with weekly ‘Zoom’ meetings for the present).
Any level of experience supported.
Mentors available if required.
Basic camera tuition.
Regular internal competitions judged externally.
External competitions with the PAGB & WCPF.
New summer programme each year.
We are a small and friendly club with a passion for all kinds of photography.
Where & when do we meet (Covid-19 permitting)
Our location… (go to ‘Where to Find Us‘ for full details)
We are easy to find in the centre of Bideford with easy access and parking
at the rear in Honestone Street or direct from High Street.
Bideford Methodist Church Halls
60 High St
How much does it cost?
Come and join us on ‘Zoom’ one evening to see what we do.
If you would like to continue, membership is £45 per annum.
*** SPECIAL OFFER – You can join us for the rest of the season for £20.00p. ***
This will give you free access to our weekly ‘Zoom’ meetings up to the 20th April, plus our summer program of weekly local photo shoots and our other photo excursions.