The images above are from the winning images in our 'Open Competition' which was held via 'Zoom' on the 6th October 2020
1st – Garlic -Judith Flacke : 2nd -Two Blues – Judith Flacke : 3rd – A Vase – Rachel Brown
Highly Commended – Tears for the Planet – Tim Sanders & Orange Tip Butterfly – Larry Fishleigh .
It has been decided that due to the present situation, meeting of the club will take place on-line until at least January 2021.
However, this will be kept under constant review and hopefully we will be in a position to meet ‘in the flesh’ in the not too distant future.
The 2020/21 programme has therefore had to be amended slightly to be compatible with the new method of delivery.
Programme - 27th Oct. to 19th Jan 2021
- Meetings start at 7:30pm (Zoom login no earlier than 7:15pm)
- 27th Oct – Talk – Walking the SW Costal Path by Gary Holpin
- 3rd Nov – PDI Competition – SKYSCAPE – Ian Bateman FRPS MPAGB AFIAP
- 10th Nov – Workshop – Sharpening an image. + Bring your photographic problems
- 17th Nov – Image Evaluation and Technical Issues Clinic
- 24th Nov – Talk -My Life as an Opportunist Photographer by Michael Longhurst
- 1st Dec – PDI Competition – REFLECTION/REFRACTION – Kay Wilson
- 7th Dec – Workshop – Bracketing and Stacking images for focus, HDR etc.
- 15th Dec – Image Clinic Evening
- 5th Jan 2021 – PDI Competition – BUY A THEME For Local Charity – Member Judged
- 12th Jan -Workshop – Selective Colour Processing + Bring Your Photographic Problems
- 19th Jan – Image Evaluation and Technical Issues Clinic
Competition Submission Dates
- 17th Nov – Submit images for ‘Reflection / Refraction’ PDI competition
- 15th Dec – Submit images for ‘Buy a Theme’ PDI Competition
- 19th Jan – Submit images for ‘Urban Landscape (B&W)’ PDI competition
- Note: Until further notice. For all competitions each member can submit up to 5 images
From smartphone to DSLR, if you are keen to improve the quality and range of your photography
come along and discover how that can be assisted by joining a friendly club
About the club…
It all started back in 1902 when the first Bideford Camera Club was formed and although we have come a long way the principles of photography remain exactly the same.
We love to meet anyone at any stage of your photography – whether it’s just learning to use a smartphone or getting to grips with a mirrorless or DSLR camera, we have a variety of members able to help you get more out of your images.
Some of our more advanced members regularly submit their images to external competitions and the club is fully affiliated to The Western Countries Photographic Federation.
What do we do...
Weekly indoor club evenings throughout the winter months.
Any level of experience supported.
Mentors available if required.
Basic camera tuition.
Regular internal competitions judged externally.
External competitions with the PAGB & WCPF.
New summer programme each year.
We are a small and friendly club with a passion for all kinds of photography.